In honor of National Pet Month, Timber Creek Gives and the PTO are holding a Pet Food Drive honoring Montgomery County Animal Shelter and Abandoned Animal Rescue of Tomball. The drive is this week, May 22-26. Please consider donating wet or dry adult dog or cat food, dry puppy or kitten food, puppy or kitten paté, gently used towels, or gently used blankets. You can send your donations in your child’s backpack and they can drop them off at the Timber Creek Gives table in the hallway by the front entrance. Please join us as we help improve the lives of homeless animals and honor the beloved pets in our lives. Thank you.
Wow! What an amazing Dash & Bash *special Ninja Warrior edition! We had so much fun and hope you did too! This was one for the record books! We exceeded our Dash Pledge Goal of $5,500… raising a total of $8,004! Way to go Timber Creek Families!! The class that raised the most in pledges and winners of the Ninja Turtle Pizza Party is….
Mrs. Barton’s Kindergarten Class! Congratulations!!!
More details to come and our fundraiser grand totals to be released next week after final Silent Auction payments are received!!
Silent Auction checkout will be offered this week only during these dates/times:
Special thanks to our Dash&Bash Sponsors that helped make our event possible:
Our 5th annual PTO Dash & Bash
spring fundraiser has begun!!
Going on now – April 21st
Information packets were sent home in last week’s Wednesday folder including pledge form and fun run schedule, preorder forms for wristbands and tickets, and event flyers!
The Dash for Cash is our fun run for the kids during the school day, complete with a crazy obstacle course! Families, neighbors, and friends are encouraged to “sponsor” your child and come out to cheer them on! Hugely popular with our kiddos, our Dash is a healthy and active way to support our children and financially support Timber Creek! Our fun run goal this year is to raise $5,500 in pledges! The class that raises the most in Dash pledges will receive a catered pizza party served by our own Principal Ninja Turtles! So, sign up those pledges and return them to school by Wed. April 19th!
Join Us! From 6-9pm time to celebrate with the biggest bash of they year! All families welcome to come party with music, games, balloon artists, photo booth, exciting activities, food vendors: Chick-fil-A, Papa Johns, Haabanero Tacos, and Bahama Bucks, treats from our famous Sweet Shoppe, and a chance to win prizes from our kids raffle! A super family fun way to support Timber Creek, wristbands and tickets are available for advance purchase in packet or at our event.
Bid High and Bid Often at our Silent Auction! With amazing finds of over 100 items and baskets there’s something for everyone! This year we are offering many “Buy It Now” items for instant win and checkout, a number bidding system, and during and after auction or next week checkout. Check out auction sneak peeks on our PTO FB posts and coming next week – our 2017 Silent Auction Guide so you can get your game plan ready!
Kids Raffle – Beginning next week kids can buy raffle tickets at lunch for a chance to win: Lego sets, American Girl Doll and Accessories, electric Ripstick, Beats by Dr. Dre, iPad mini, Instamax Mini 8 camera pack, or an Apple Watch! Raffle tickets are just $1 and may be purchased each day next week during your child’s lunch, pre-ordered through our packet, and at the Bash. Raffle drawings are held at the Bash between 6-9pm! *Need NOT be present to win
*Want to help?! Click here to volunteer:
It’s feeling like spring already and that means it’s almost time for our 5 th annual Dash & Bash spring fundraiser *Special Ninja Warrior Edition so Save the Date!
Friday, April 21 st
The Dash: A fun run for the kids during the school day, complete with a crazy obstacle course! Families, neighbors, and friends are encouraged to “sponsor” your child and come out to cheer them on! Hugely popular with our kiddos, our Dash is a healthy and active way to support our children and Timber Creek! This year is a special “Ninja Warrior Edition”!
The Bash: From 6-9pm Time to celebrate with the biggest bash of they year! All families welcome to come party with music, games, balloon artist, photo booth, exciting activities, food & our famous Sweet Shoppe! A super family fun way to support Timber Creek, wristbands and tickets are available for purchase in advance or at our event.
Feeling Lucky? You’ll also have a chance to win some awesome finds you won’t find just anywhere at our Super Silent Auction! Offering: vacations, grade-level fun baskets, special teacher time fun, your child’s name on our marquee for their birthday, those front carline spots, sports memorabilia, summer camps and fun kids packages, and much much more! Bid High Bid Often!!
Our volunteers are our lucky charms! And WE NEED MORE!
Sadly, we’re running low on volunteer power. No experience required – just a helpful heart! Can YOU help with:
Kid’s Raffle Coordinators – we need a person or two to help collect and use collected funds to purchase items on our list
Bash Activity Coordinators – We’ve booked activities but need help making a few calls to sponsors, and also help monitor volunteer coverage at the event.
This is a great opportunity for our Timber Creek dads to help!
If interested in helping with planning our event or help at our event, please email our Volunteer Chairperson: Jen Kable: email@example.com
We still have Dash & Bash Family/ Home Business Donation Opportunities!
We are looking for both big and small basket donations for Dash & Bash! Got season tickets, a vacation rental, or products you can donate to help raise funds for our school? Donations are tax deductible!
Can you help call/email some potential donors from our list? If so, please contact Silent Auction Chairperson: Stephanie Piepho firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Community Service Opportunity!
Join our TCES PTO team!!
Saturday, March 25th • Rob Fleming Park
You must register in advance to be a part of our team & reserve equipment. Be sure to select Creekside Park Village and enter TCES PTO into the group field. For more information: http://www.creeksideparkvillage.com or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=creekside%20park%20village%20association.
Tuesday, Feb. 14 at 2:30
Please be on the look out for more info and sign ups from your room parents. If you haven’t done so already, please send your information to your room parent to stay in the loop! For questions regarding your child’s Valentine’s party, please contact your room parent.
*all family members welcome
Dash & Bash is April 21st!
We’re looking for (co-) coordinators interested in helping with our obstacle course, party activities, Sweet Shoppe, and silent auction. If interested, please contact: D&B Chairpersons Kristin Hawthorne and Stephanie Piepho at email@example.com
Dash & Bash Family/Home Business Sponsorship Opportunities!
Own your own business and want to get your name out? Want to find a fun way to donate? Become an Event Sponsor/donor at our Spring Fundraiser: Dash & Bash! Signage provided, interact with our families, and its tax deductible! For more information about becoming an Event-Level Sponsor or to donate silent auction items to our largest fundraiser of the year, contact:
Sponsorship Chairpersons: Andrea French or
Silvia Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Auction Chairperson: Stephanie Piepho at email@example.com
Whether you are a new family at our school, or just haven’t had a chance to join, our winter PTO Membership Drive is going on now – Feb 14th! Our goal this school year is to enroll at least 80 percent of our families – and we’re almost there!
- Get in the loop with communication, bookmark our Website: http://timbercreekelementarypto.digitalpto.com
- Simply register your information and pay an annual $10 membership fee, and receive instant access to our online student directory
- LikeUs on FB @ TimberCreekElementaryPTO & add us to your News Feed to get updates on what’s happening with our PTO!
Creekside Park Junior High
Creekside Park Junior High invites current 5th grade parents to our course selection information night on January 18th in the cafeteria.
6th grade course selection information for current 5th grade students will be shared between 6:00pm – 7:00 pm.
In addition to course selection information, academic and fine arts department representatives will be available to answer questions.
Join Us for Our 2016 Santa’s Workshop
Saturday Dec 10th
Don’t miss this fun, warm-hearted family-event and service project for all TCES families! Let’s help members of our local community by participating in one (or more) of the following fun activities: Blitzen Bike Drive, Cozy Blanket Craft, and our Socks and Slippers For Seniors Collection!
Next up: positively frosty fun for the entire family! Join us in writing Letters to Santa, and making keepsake Candy Canes, all while enjoying free refreshments and listening to the award-winning TCES Choir! All are invited to bring a treat to share with all of our TCES family elves!
2016 Classroom Holiday Parties
All family members welcome
Please see more info and sign ups from your room parents. If you haven’t done so already, please send your information to your room parent to stay in the loop! For questions regarding your child’s Christmas party, please contact your room parent.
Call for Volunteers: TCES Parent-Reading Mentors
The TCES PTO Education Enrichment Committee is partnering with TCES to provide parent-reading mentors for our 3rd-5th grade students.
Parent mentors will receive training and provide extra support to our students by reviewing strategies and practicing skills for the upcoming testing season:
* January – February Commitment
* One 30-minute session a week (Tuesday or Thursday)
* Background check required
* 2-3 students in each session
* Your child does NOT have to be in 3rd-5th grade for you to sign up
* A parent orientation session TBD
* Weekly sessions are subject to change depending on district/campus assessments
All mentors must attend ONE of the followingparent orientation sessions:
- Friday, December 9th from 12:30-1:15 pm
- Wednesday, December 14th from 12:30-1:15 pm
- Friday, January 6th from 12:30-1:15 pm
If you are interested in becoming a parent-reading mentor, please contact Mrs. Storck or signup here http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e49aeae22a57-timber.
TCES Teacher and Staff “Favorite Things”
The TCES PTO loves to promote our wonderful school in many different ways, which is why we asked our amazing teachers, administrators, and staff to share a few things—-a few “favorite” things—about themselves with the TCES community.
We’ve posted their replies to our site (click the logo above or look under Useful School Links), so check out our Teachers&Staff Favorite Things page and learn more about the TCES family!
We. Did. It!!!
Congratulations to our generous Timber Creek families and community sponsors!
Together we exceeded our MONSTER goal of raising $20,000 for TCES!!
A special “thank you” to our Monster Mash Event-Level Sponsors!
Creative Grounds/Treat Walk
Highland Homes/Haunted Library
Maximum Athletics/Dance Party
Young Artist Studio/Pumpkin Patch
Thank you to our amazing local businesses, TCES families, and neighborhoods for sponsoring our carnival games!! And, a special thank you to our amazing Principal Thompson who let kids from seven different classes slime her for meeting our goal!
PTO is pleased to announce our new service program: Timber Creek Gives!
Our hope is that Timber Creek Gives will foster a sense of community service and compassion in our children for those in need. With this in mind, our PTO has setup opportunities at TCES to connect our families with some outstanding charitable organizations within our own community. Our first opportunity to give is this month!
During the week of November 7-11:
- Food Drive Benefiting: Tomball Emergency Assistance Ministries (TEAM)
- We will be collecting: Canned soups, canned vegetables, canned fruit, jellies, and packaged kids snacks
- To contribute: You may send donations in with your child or drop them off at our Timber Creek Gives donation station in the TCES main hallway. Our volunteers will deliver the donations to the TEAM offices in Tomball on Friday afternoon. Please consider donating to help our local families in need!
Fall is officially here, and with it some of our favorite seasonal events. Attending the October TCES PTO meeting is a great way to stay informed about (and get involved in) all of the fun!
October PTO Meeting
- Guest Speaker: The Lice Place. Don’t miss this fact-filled, myth-debunking presentation and Q&A to help protect your child.
- Learn how our families can help support and volunteer for our Fall fundraiser, Monster Cash&Mash.
5th Annual TCES PTO Monster Cash&Mash Fall Fundraiser
Help us build a MONSTER of a fundraising haul for TCES by donating to our 5th annual TCES PTO Monster Cash & Mash Fall Fundraiser!
TCES PTO Monster Cash& Mash Details
- Dates: October 10th – 21st
- Make a pledge using the Monster Cash & Mash event flyer & donation letter/order form (located in the manila -marked envelope, which was placed in your oldest child’s October 5th Wednesday folder)
- Place your pledge and completed event wristband and ticket order forms into the same envelope and return it with your child any day during the fundraiser.
- Wristbands and tickets will be delivered via envelope prior to October 21 (they are also available for sale at the Monster Mash event ticket table the evening of October 21).
- Another payment option is our quick and easy MySchoolAnywhere.com-based online payment system.
- Click on the logo to purchase (My School Anywhere account required. See the MySchoolAnywhere.com registration link in the Stay In the Loop! section of our site to register, or login prior to attempting purchase).
5th Annual TCES PTO Monster Mash
Once Monster Cash&Mash ends, the real fun begins! Join us the evening of Friday, October 21 for a spooktacular time at our annual Monster Mash celebration.
Monster Mash Volunteers Needed!
We have many Volunteer needs for Monster Mash! We need you to help make this event a MONSTER success! Please visit our Volunteer page or contact
PTO Volunteer Chair, Jenn Kable at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you for visiting the newly-redesigned Timber Creek Elementary Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) website! Excited to be starting another great school year? So are we! Our site is full of useful information and resources parents and faculty need to make the 2016-2017 school year fun, smooth, and successful! Be sure to bookmark our page and check back often, as we frequently add more content for our wonderful students, parents, and teachers!
Back to School “Need to Know” Info:
- School Hours Have Changed – Timber Creek’s hours have changed this year! Doors Open 8:10 and classes are now from
8:40am – 3:50pm
- Volunteer Applications – All parents/family members interested in volunteering or reading in your child’s classroom, need to fill out the TISD Volunteer Application. These applications must be filled out and submitted each school year, or you may be prohibited from volunteering.
- Click the Volunteer/Classroom Observation Background Check link under Useful School Information to access the form.
- SchoolCafe Cafeteria Account Management – If you are new to TCES, you can use the TISD-partnered cafeteria account management provider SchoolCafe (see the link under Useful School Links) to make cafeteria payments quick and easy. SchoolCafe is the rebranded version of the fomer Parent Online account management system, but existing account holder information should be unchanged; the start of the school year is a great time to sign up (or to re-verify your account information).
Timber Creek Elementary PTO has open Committee Chair/Co-Chair spots! No experience required – just a helpful heart!
For more information, please contact Jenn Kable at email@example.com.
The following positions are open at this time.
- School Marquee
- Sponsorship & Donations* sales or marketing experience a plus!
- Monster Mash Event Co-Chairs
- Haunted Library Creative Leads
- Volunteers Co-Chair (1 open)
- Homeroom Parent K-2 Co-Chair (1 open)
- Spring Dash&Bash Fundraiser Co-Chairs